An Experienced Immigration Lawyer Ready To Help
Immigration is one area of law that is constantly changing. This means you need a lawyer who stays up to date with the evolving laws and requirements.
At The Law Offices of Santiago & Associates, PC, in Freehold, New Jersey, we remain on the cutting edge of immigration developments. In addition, our Monmouth County law firm has experience with both visa applications and the effects of criminal law matters.
Some immigration attorneys only handle petitions, not removal proceedings. Others focus solely on removal and will not handle the transactional side. Our firm does both. We can help you with:
- Removal or “deportation” defense — You can count on us to make every effort to get your loved one released from jail on bond. We will also aggressively fight the removal proceedings, working to keep your family member in the country.
- Family-based petitions — If you want to bring an immediate family member to the
U.S., we can help you seek the necessary visa.
- Employment-based petitions — We assist companies throughout New Jersey and New York with the complexities of employment-based visas.
- DACA and other relief from deportation — The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals along with asylum and Temporary Protected Status have made recent headlines. It’s crucial to get current legal advice whether already within one of these categories or filing for relief.
- Visas for victims of crimes, which includes the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), U-Visas or T-Visas.
- Criminal Defense — A criminal conviction can have serious immigration consequences for those wishing to remain in the United States. Make sure to have an experienced advocate on your side.
Don’t Let A Criminal Charge Threaten Your American Dream
Any type of criminal charge can have a serious effect on your immigration status if:
- You are a legal permanent resident.You hold a nonimmigrant visa, such as a student visa or temporary work visa.You are seeking U.S. citizenship.
In a criminal case, if you are not a United States Citizen, you must seek advice and guidance from an immigration attorney.
One of the unique benefits of our law firm is the fact that our lawyer, Raymond S. Santiago, is skilled in both criminal defense and immigration law. You won’t need to find a second attorney and pay additional legal fees because Mr. Santiago has the knowledge and ability to handle both sides of the matter. In fact, Mr. Santiago is currently one of only a few Monmouth County lawyers experienced in both immigration and criminal law.